Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Welcome back!

Welcome back to another year at Open Window School! I am so excited to be returning for my fifth year at OWS. This year I will not only be teaching drama to kindergarten through fifth grade students, I will also be teaching movement to kindergarten and first grade students.

As we get ready for the new school year to begin I am busy planning many fun new activities for both drama and movement classes. I am also working with the homeroom teachers to gather material for all of the grade level performances. We have some exciting new shows in the works for this year!

I am also very pleased to announce that the OWS Players will be back this year with not one, but three performances! Our first show will be Peter Pan and rehearsals begin the first week of school. This show is open to interested students in grades 3-8. Rehearsals are Wednesdays and Fridays from 3:30-5:00. Sign ups are available in the main office. In the winter be will be putting on a musical with students in grades K-2 and in the spring we'll be back with a musical for students in grades 3-8. This will be the second year of the OWS Players and we are looking forward to many more quality productions in the future!

Keep checking my blog for updates about drama and movement classes and the OWS Players!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

Lisa Edwards

1 comment: